macProVideo.com
Forums
  • brandcook
    Download problem
    Hi I'm using imovie 09,when I download film sometimes only part of the footage is captured, I can see footage playing on camera but on imovie all I have is a blank blue screen.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Download problem
    Hi brand cook Welcome to the forums! What version of OSX are you running please? What is the Mac you are using? Also what camera brand and model are you using? How is it connected to your Mac? How much disk space do you have remaining? Thanks Rounik
  • brandcook
    Hi Rounik I am using an imac, mac osx version 10.3. Canon xha1 camera connected by fire wire. Disc space left 175.54 gb Thanks Terry.
  • brandcook
    Can anyone help, I am having no luck in solving this problem.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Are you sure you're running OSX 10.3??? Did you mean 10.6.3? I didn't think iMovie 09 could run on 10.3... Try switching the playback mode of the XHA-1 to STD definition mode.... details on how to do this should be in the manual. Hope this helps Rounik
  • brandcook
    Hi Sorry yes its OSX 10.6.3. Have checked definition mode thats set correctly.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi brandcook, Hmmm... this is odd... Do you have Quicktime Pro installed on your Mac? Can you try importing your footage into QT Pro? Another option might be to try a different firewire cable. Finally, you could try using SOftware Update from the Apple Menu and updating to 10.6.7 and the latest version of iMovie 09. (Always backup your important files and folders first of course). HTH Rounik
  • brandcook
    Hi Rounik Think I may of found problem,I had camera set to 50fps, changed camera to 25fps captured footage with out any problems. Also did software update as you suggested, will also install Quicktime Pro to see if I can capture footage which was set to 50fps. Thanks for your help. Terry.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Terry, Good to hear you resolved it! Best Rounik
  • brandcook
    Hi Rounik I have Quicktime X on my computer following the Apples directions for installing Quicktime 7 As follows To install the QuickTime Player 7 from the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard install DVD: Insert your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD. Open the Optional Installs folder and double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg". Select the QuickTime 7 option and click Continue. QuickTime Player 7 will be installed in your Utilities folder. Following these instructions in the "optional installs" the Quicktime 7 option is not there, am I missing something? Terry.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: