macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Anindo Marshall
    Inserting a running time bar onto video
    How do yo insert a graphic of running time onto bottom of the video? I'm making a workout video and the exercises need to be timed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Inserting a running time bar onto video
    Hi Anindo, Welcome to the MPV forums! A static graphic of a stop-watch / time can be inserted easily by importing a picture from your iPhoto Library... but I think you want something different, right? If you need video footage of a stop-watch counting up, then the only way I know to do this is by inserting the video footage into iMovie. 1. Take close-up video of a stop-watch for duration you need from 0:00:00 to 10:00:00 for example. 2. Import this into an Event in iMovie. 3. Crop the Video (to remove any borders) 4. Turn on "Advanced Tools" in iMovie 11's Preferences. 5. Drag the stopwatch clip on top of the clip in your project. From the pop-up menu choose "Picture in Picture". 6. In the Viewer resize and move the stopwatch clip as desired and add fades in the Project area. (You can re-use the stop-watch clip on all of Project clips as needed). Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on. Am curious to know how this method works for you. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: