macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JLaw
    Strange issue when exporting iMovie project
    I'm using iMovie09 and created my first project. It's two songs and about 10 minutes of video/pictures. When I preview in fullscreen 'e flawlessly, with the audio matched perfectly to the video. There's a point after the first song when the audio from the first song fades and the audio from the current video overlap. Like I said, on preview it matches nicely. The problem lies in when I export the video to a .mov file. When I play this file it seems that the audio from that specific video starts playing before it should...causing the voice not to match the clip and the following clips' audio to all be off as well. What could be the source of this problem? I can't figure it out because it works in the preview and program itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Strange issue when exporting iMovie project
    Hi JLaw, Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, there appears to be a bug with iMovie 09 ... and some even report with iMovie '11 (can't confirm the later). The issue seems to be that audio and video lose sync in the export due to some clips in the project having custom speed settings. Try turning off the custom speed for any clips and see if the problem persists... Another option is to export the separate sections as two projects (with the custom speed settings applied and re-import them into iMovie and then cross dissolve them / fade and export that version. It's not an ideal workaround, but hopefully it should work. Thanks Rounik
  • JLaw
    Turning off the custom speeds for the clips is not an option. I tried exporting it as two separate projects...to no avail. Any other suggestions? I have FCE but haven't really learned quite how to use it and am not sure if I can import clips from iMovie into FCE. Thanks for the help so far. Josh
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JLaw Sorry - not sure whT else to suggest. It seems like an often experienced bug by many users... I hoped my suggestion above would help... Final Cut Express 4/5 has a steeper learning curve - and It doesn't render in realtime like iMovie 09 does. Have you checked out the final cut pro tutorial here at macProvideo? It's one of my face tuts and is good for FCP and FCE AFAIK. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: