macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Donkeyshed
    Cross dissolve with lip-synch video
    Have been using iMovie on-and-off for a few years now but this has confused me a little. I'm putting together a simple music video for a friend. I am using free archive footage and film of my friend performing. I want to place a cross-dissolve transition between two clips (10s and 15s long). The second clip is of the singer 'lip-synching'. (I have detached audio from both clips and imported mp3 of song). The problem is, when I place the cross-dissolve between them, it knocks the lip-synch completely out (0.4s transition knocks out the audio by about 3s, which seems very strange). What I actually WANT to achieve is a 2-3s cross-dissolve which leaves the lip-synch intact. Of course, there could be something really simple that I have/have not done (it's happened before!). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be pleased to read them. John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cross dissolve with lip-synch video
    Hi John A cross-disolve transition actually overlaps the two overlaps the two adjoining clips in order to create a transition. Let me try and explain it better... Clip 1 = 5 seconds Clip 2 = 5 seconds Cross dissolve transition = 2 seconds After applying the cross dissolve both your clips will have a shorter duration by 1 second. i.e. they'll both now be 4 seconds long. Cross-dissolve can't dissolve into nothing. It uses the footage. Thus you'll find that 1 second of the beginning of clip 2 is overlapped with the last 1 second of the end of Clip 1. Hope this makes sense. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: