macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Autism Hangout (dotcom)
    Can iMovie reverse left/right channel audio?
    I've got several scenes now where the person on the left is coming out the right speaker. Can I fix this in iMovie? (I hope)? frailin
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can iMovie reverse left/right channel audio?
    Hi frailin Which version of iMovie are you running? You can't perform any panning or stereo balancing in iMovie... but you should be able to do this ok in GarageBand. Import the movie (or just the audio) into GB. Create a second audio track. copy the original audio to the second track and move the pan position all the way to the extreme right position. Lower the level of the original audio track. Done. Hope that helps Rounik
    Hi Rounik Excellent suggestion! Thank you! Now I just need to figger out how to do it (I'm not that familiar with Garageband). I don't need to import the entire sound bed (I don't think). There are only a coupla places where it happens. I DID figure out how to separate the audio track in iMovie, but I can't copy or move it to Garageband at least I can't paste or drag and drop... and the import option doesn't seem to be available. How do I move it over? Oh, and I'm on the most recent version of iMovie and Garageband... I just bought this computer. Craig
    Rounik I've transported the movie to Garageband. I can separate the offending left channel and right channel audio where the output is reversed. Is there a way I can REASSIGN left and right output to their correct distribution, now that I have them apart? frailin
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Craig, So, when you imported the movie into GarageBand did you copy the audio track and pan one track far left and the other far right? That will separate the left and right channel. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by: [i]"Is there a way I can REASSIGN left and right output to their correct distribution, now that I have them apart?"[/i] Can you explain what you'd like to achieve with the fine audio... For example most voice over for video is in mono so there is a way you export the track and merge both to mono. Easier, now I come to think about it, is to use a program like Audacity (free) which allows you to easily split and work with the left and right channels of any audio file. Let me know. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: