macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MarkDub
    PIP freezes movie in iMovie 11
    I posted this question to the Apple support forum but a few people have reported the same issue there and got no response. So I thought I'd see if anyone here could help. I am new to iMovie. I have added a pip to a clip but when the movie plays back, most of the time it just freezes on a frame at the start of the underlying clip when it reaches it. The playhead keeps going to the end of the clip but nothing changes on screen. Sometimes it plays ok but most of the time it does not. (This is when running the movie in the project editor.) I have added another pip earlier in the movie but that plays fine. They were both created in pretty much the same way, i.e. by adding a clip from the event editor and then re-sizing and positioning it. Apart from that I can't see any difference in them. Can anyone help with a solution to this as it is really holding me up. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: PIP freezes movie in iMovie 11
    Hi Mark, Are you running the latest updated version of iMovie '11? Also, if you export your project does the PiP section playback ok? Thanks Rounik
  • MarkDub
    Hi Rounik. It's version 9.0.2 which I think is the latest. I haven't tried exporting but I used a different clip for the PIP and it seems to be working okay now. Fingers crossed it stays like this. It may have been because I was using a still image extracted from the event browser rather than a video clip and now I'm using the latter. Time will tell but I'll come back if the problem returns. Thanks, Mark
  • Mac Help. PiP.
    Hello Rounik, I am having the exact same problem as mark. (Query above.) Yes my clip and PiP works when i export the clip, just not in iMovie. please help. thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: