macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SamJ
    Changing to 4:3 when exporting Final Cut Pro X Sequence to iDVD
    Hi Guys First of all, love the forum. I was wondering if you could help me. My problem is this: I am exporting from FCPX using the 'current settings' option. When I look at the file in Quicktime Player it seems to be close to 16:9 (it says it is 720 x 576). However when I import this into iDVD it is shown in 4:3. This happens when I select the 4:3 or 16:9 option in the menu of iDVD. Can anyone tell me how to get round this? Thanks Sam Jones
  • BenB
    Re: Changing to 4:3 when exporting Final Cut Pro X Sequence to i
    720x576 is PAL standard definition 4:3. All standard definition is 4:3, period. There is in digital video an "anamorphic" SD some cameras and NLE's do, but it's a "trick", it's not really 16:9. It is only 4:3 with the letter box frame (black bars at top and bottom). Notice that you've never seen an NTSC or PAL standard definition TV that's wide screen. Any wide screen TV set sold is HD capable. Those TV sets are capable of artificially stretching SD video to fake 16:9, but SD is in fact always 4:3.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: