macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    iMovie crashes when exporting.
    Hello, I am making a project in iMovie 8 involving audio, photos and video. WHen I try to export iMovie crashes. The same happens when i try to watch fullscreen. Any ideas? I am running a mac pro quad core 8 GB and OSX 10.6.8. QUick time is version 10.0 I have repaired permissions and updated all software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone had a top weekend John
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: iMovie crashes when exporting.
    Hi John, Does it only happen with this project? Or does it happen with any iMovie project when you export it?
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Gary, I tried another project and it seemed to export fine.
  • GaryHiebner
    Then it seems as it something has damaged your other project. You say you are running audio, photos and video in the project? You are going to have to try removing items from the project one by one to find out what is causing the project Maybe try removing all the audio to see if it crashes. Then try the video, then the pictures. This will help you distinguish if it is the audio, video or pictures that are the project. Then when you find out which one is causing the problem you can start narrowing it down further. Hope this helps
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Gary, Your solution worked. Thank you very much. It seems there was a problem with the photos. Maybe they had become corrupted when I imported them into iphoto. I reimported them onto my other mac and redid the project. It seems to be exporting fine. Thanks once again
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, I'm glad you found out which items were causing the export problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: