macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sjames0077
    iDVD freezes at burn process (multiplexing)
    I have a 2 gb .mov that is 30 minutes long. I am attempting to create an iDVD but when it gets to the 5th process "BURN", it freezes. I tried to burn a .mov that is only 2 minutes long and it burned without a problem. This is a half-hour wedding, why cannot I burn this to iDVD ? I created another .mov from adobe premiere in case it was a corrupt file and the same thing happens.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: iDVD freezes at burn process (multiplexing)
    You haven't reached any limitations on iDVD, iDVD should be able to do 120minutes for a single-layer DVD and 3.5hours for a dual-layer DVD. The 2min .mov file that you said did burn, was this also created in Adobe Premier?
  • sjames0077
    yes gary, you are correct. this is odd, i was able to burn the idvd perfectly fine from my other mac, yet i can still burn smaller movies with this one, just not the very large one. i have sufficient amount of memory left, is it possible my idvd went bad ?
  • sjames0077
    have run all updates on my mac, still freezes at the final stage ... any ideas, anybody ?
  • GaryHiebner
    Something may have gone wrong with the iDVD preference file. Try deleting the following files in the following locations: Macintosh HD > Users > [i]yourusername[/i] > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iDVDLSSharedFileList.plist Macintosh HD > Users > [i]yourusername[/i] > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iDVD.plist The restart iDVD and see how it goes. Let us know if it works
  • sjames0077
    I really appreciate the help, but that didn't work. It freezes while 'multiplexing'. I even tried burning as 'disc image' instead of to dvd and it freezes at the same point. One thing to note is I ran the update to 7.1.2 however I did not purchase and install the NEW iDVD that is on apple.com website. I guess I can try this next, if there are no further suggestions, however it's strange because I was burning movies just a few weeks ago, a baptism I filmed so it's odd that all of the sudden this does not work. Txs,
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: