macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Autism Hangout (dotcom)
    Aligning the end of a cutaway.
    Hi iMovie '11 How does one go about aligning the end of a cutaway (and it's corresponding audio) such that a transition can be added to the end? No matter how I cut it, the transition is ghosted (and doesn't work). Wisdom appreciated! Thanks!
  • BenB
    Re: Aligning the end of a cutaway.
    Alignment shouldn't matter, just drag a transition to the end of a clip, and drop it when a vertical blue bar appears after a clip. If I'm understanding correctly, it should work just fine. Try dropping the transition directly onto the center of the clip.
    Hi Ben Doesn't work. The transition icon is ghosted out.
  • BenB
    Exactly what do you mean Ghosted Out? Where exactly? I'm trying to duplicate the problem and am unable. The more details the better.
    The icon for the transition is present, but it's shadowed versus bright. This occurs when the cutaway is not properly synched up before the transition icon (it overlaps... even when it's precision trimmed). If I shorten the cutaway, leaving a split second of the "A" role just prior to the icon, all is fine (the icon isn't ghosted and it performs). My work around has been lengthening the time of the transition so that gets covered up. Make sense?
  • BenB
    I'm not sure. I'm trying to duplicate the problem, and am unable to make any transition go gray.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: