macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Andrew1980
    iMovie Strobe Problem
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following iMovie problem. I'm teaching a film history class and am putting together some clip shows using iMovie, culled from various DVDs. I use HandBrake to upload the chapters and iMovie to edit them down. Once I'm finished editing and export to Quicktime, I'm noticing on playback that the clips suffer from an occasional strobing or slow-mo effect that comes and goes throughout the movie. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.33 GhZ Intel Core Duo, iMovie 09. I have been using 24fps since that is what iMovie tells me the native clips are in. So I export using those settings. When I watch the original HandBrake chapters, the movements are smooth, as they are in iMovie BEFORE I export it. Anyone know the problem? And how to solve it? Thanks! Andy
  • BenB
    Re: iMovie Strobe Problem
    Be sure Handbrake is creating QuickTime ProRes 422 files. Sounds like you have a codec that is not "edit" friendly, some Long-GOP format that basically sucks for video editing. Also be sure you have the rights to rip and reproduce the video from those DVDs. If it's copyrighted material and you do not have written permission to use it, then it is illegal for you to be ripping and re-purposing those video files.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: