macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dg5
    Optimum Export for Audio Slideshows
    Hi I am stumped about creating top quality audio slideshows in iMovie. #1 What are the best dimensions/dpi for stills imported into iMovie for use in a slideshow that will be 16:9 (960x540 or 1280x720) and embeded on YouTube, Viemo etc. I can't seem to find the perfect answer anywhere. #2 Once we create the slideshow and want to export/share, what are the video and audio optimal settings in "export using quicktime" ? There are so many options. What is best for slides with spoken word audio underneath? We want quality but thought it wouldn't have to be as large since there is no video. Too often I feel like images look worse, pixelate, etc after the export. Thanks in advance.
  • BenB
    Re: Optimum Export for Audio Slideshows
    Video frame size is fixed, there is no DPI in video. Be sure your photos are the frame size of your video format.
  • dg5
    Cool. So if we want an exported video to be 960x540 the images should be at least that big? And any thoughts on best practices for quicktime export settings with a slideshow? i thought some would be unique since there are no movie/video clips. thanks
  • BenB
    At least. And your exported final video should not be any larger, either. Blowing things up larger makes them more fuzzy. Shrinking things down smaller usually doesn't degrade them, unless they get way too small.
  • Amily
    Thanks. So cool.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: