macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jonny314
    Title bar help
    I am a freelance designer and it has been a while since I had a video project. I had to downgrade to iMovie 6 to be able to use effects like I want. So here is my problem, a small company hired me to edit some videos that they already had, they wanted to trim down in some places and add others. Some of the stuff they want to add doesn't have the subtitle bar like in the clip. They want it to all have the same look and feel so I am trying to add a subtitle bar like on this clip. Any advice on how to do this? Any plugins to download or anything? I need it to fade out like in the clip as well. Thanks for any help! [url]http://s7.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bassguy86/media/TEXTBAR.mp4.html[/url]
  • BenB
    Re: Title bar help
    That is a simple lower third title template. iMovie has many of them. There are even more available for FCP X. Motion 5 allows you to create your own for use in FCP X, also. But I'm not familiar with third party add-on products for iMovie. I'd never use iMovie for paying clients, either. Way too limited to get truly professional results such as this problem presents. Now, if those "Lower Thirds" as they're called, are "baked-in", meaning they are there as part of a Quicktime video clip, not as a separate file or layer in an NLE or motion graphics project file, you are stuck with them. Your client needs to supply the graphic files for that lower third to you. Let them know if they can't supply it, you'll have to try to match it, and it won't be exact. You'll never match it exactly.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: