macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JoeHanson
    Cropping
    Hey everyone, First post here on the forums. I just created my first video at work, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. I wanted to use stills to try to make a time lapse type of thing to show an artist drawing a mural. Is there a way to crop it so all the stills line up perfectly? Also, I just got final cut pro. Is there anything that FC could do for this video that iMovie can't? Positive or negative feedback appreciated. My feelings won't be hurt. Thank you! Joe [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v63TD-YQqDk[/url]
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Cropping
    FCP X would open up all sorts of creative possibilities for you. Be sure to do the FCP X course here, though, as it is a much more complex, higher level app. As for adjusting the images to align perfectly, that will have to be done manually. Nothing I know of will do that automatically. I would suggest next time getting an invalvometer (their not expensive) for your camera, and keeping the camera untouched as much as possible while it is shooting. But yeah, you're going to have to match up the photos manually. I guess the quickest way is to put one above the other, lower the top one's opacity down so you can see the one below it, too. Line up the top one, then move it to follow the bottom on in the Primary Storyline. Alignment and crop and all that is much more sophisticated than iMovie. I love what you did with that video, too. A lot of fun, nice job.
  • JoeHanson
    Re: Cropping
    Thank you for the feedback! We just got Final Cut Pro, and I was wondering if it would make that big a difference. If you don't mind me asking, what type of possibilities would FCP open up, other than a more sophisticated alignment and cropping ability? Joe
  • BenB
    Re: Cropping
    I assume you're talking about getting Final Cut Pro X, right? First it is a whole new workflow, interface, and it is amazing. You'll have support of just about any video codec, where FCE had very limited codec import/export support. Much more advanced media management. Logic Pro audio filters built-in. It is in so many ways a huge step up, the list is so long. I do very strongly advise getting proper training. It is not something you can just pick up on your own "properly". Much of it is not readily apparent. The training series here on macProVideo is one of the best online.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: