macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Janibus
    Mute Voice Over in iMovie ' 11 ( 9.0.8 )
    I downloaded a uTube film ( gymnastic exercises with added background music ) and i added comments successfully with Voice Over . I did that in several times. But suddenly the purple track appears as before but the stay muted whatever Audio Adjustment i try I can hear them , see their purple track and manipulate the VoiceOver tracks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re: Mute Voice Over in iMovie ' 11 ( 9.0.8 )
    Hi Janibus, I'm not 100% clear I understand... so, the purple track (audio track) is NOT playing back? Have you made sure there is an audio waveform in that track? Is the volume for that audio clip (purple clip) set to 100%? Do you have other audio tracks in the project which may have "ducking" enabled?
  • Janibus
    Re: Mute Voice Over in iMovie ' 11 ( 9.0.8 )
    Hi Rounik, Please excuse me reacting so late. I am nevertheless very thankful to You. Before i found your answer I restarted dictating from scratch in new projects and I finally succeeded in putting 121 voiceovers in 3 projects (3 parts of a future dvd). Thus proving myself - if not the others - that I am not yet completely senile. To answer Your 3 questions: You did indeed understand me 100% : - The waveforms where visible everywhere. - After some time the purple NEW voice-over track was NOT playing back ANYMORE wherever i started dictating in the timeline (before - among or after the other-ok-purple tracks) ; - And YES there is an OTHER audio track (a sky-blue one with the music from the downloaded video) which can have been at the origin of the (muted) new tracks in the old project. My problem with added voice-over started in my project I presume by merrily forgetting to control ALL the different ducking possibilities when i decided : 1° to ad a Still Picture just at the beginning of the project 2° to detach a piece of audio so as the music now can start under the first Still. By doing this the selected sky-blue piece of track becomes purple and the ducking influences must be
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: