macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB
    Welcome Motion 4 & 5 Users!
    I'm looking forward to assisting the Motion users here on the mPV forums. There's some great tutorials here, and more coming. It's an incredible app.
  • Zizucio
    Re: Welcome Motion 4 & 5 Users!
    Thank you! I am working on a project, using Motion 4, and I am having a little trouble. I have two video clips. One is of a person holding up an ipad up and then lowers the ipad out of frame. The second is a close-up of the same person. I would like to have the second video look like it is actually playing in the ipad of the first video. The problem I am having is matching the movement with motion tracking when the ipad leaves the frame. It all goes wonky after that. Any suggestions? Thanks, B
  • BenB
    There's a tracker function called "Offset". You can use that to continue the tracking. Or you may have to just pick up where the tracker stops and manually keyframe the rest. Are you keyframing the top edge of the iPad? About half way down this page is a basic explanation of offset tracking. http://help.apple.com/motion/mac/5.0/en/motion/usermanual/#chapter=22%26section=14
  • Zizucio
    Excellent, thank you! Will it matter that I am using Motion 4 not Motion 5? -b
  • BenB
    No, they both work the same with tracker functions at this time.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: