macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lamby
    Re: Motion 5
    How can i get update 5.0.3 ? I have always same message "your computer is updated"
  • BenB
    Launch the App Store (look in the Apple menu or in your Dock). Go to the Update tab at top. It should list Motion if you're not up to date. To verify, launch Motion, Motion menu, "About Motion", what version number does it show there?
  • Lamby
    I already checked ... no Motion update
  • BenB
    To verify, launch Motion, Motion menu, "About Motion", what version number does it show there?
  • Lamby
    5.0 both of iMac
  • BenB
    You really need to upgrade to 5.0.3 for Motion. Many improvements have been made. If you don't see an update listed in the UPdates section of the App Store, then move the Motion app from the Applications folder into the Trash (but don't empty the trash until we're done). Then launch the App Store, go to the Purchased tab, click the "Install" button to the right of where Motion 5 is listed. It will install the latest version, you will not be charged again, it's free to reinstall/update applications purchased from the App store. After the install has been done, launch Motion. From the Motion menu go to About Motion and verify you have version 5.0.3 installed. When you do, empty the Trash.
  • Lamby
    Thanks a lot .... seems to work better. I have more questions : I want to show a movie project in Keynote .... which are the best settings to have good quality but not very heavy file ? I'm going to have a Keynote presentation in May in Beirut on a screen of 6x3 meters .... pls help me. You are very kind Best regards Lamberto
  • BenB
    H.264 works really well as does ProRes LT. ProRes LT will play on a laptop that has FCP installed on it. I don't think Mac's without FCP on them have the ProRes codecs installed. But I'm not sure about that. Also, I wouldn't use 1080, but 720 HD footage. In a Keynote presentation it'll run better.
  • Lamby
    Can I avoid to install FCP in laptop ? I want as much free space as possible. Of course I need to convert in mp4. Which mp4 format you suggest to run movie in Keynote ?
  • BenB
    H.264 will work just fine then.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: