macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sbonsell
    Wrapping text around object in 2D
    Hi, I know this may seem really basic, but I just want the ends of text lines to end at the edge of a non moving 2D object - not 'along a path'. It used to be called 'text wrap' in DTP software, but I think in Motion that phrase means wrap around a 3D object. In essence I guess I'm just doing basic DTP.
  • BenB
    Hmmm... Can you link to an image that shows the effect you're going for? Do you mean have it wrap around a 2D image of something that is illustrated as a round object?
  • BenB
    Re: Wrapping text around object in 2D
    Oh, are you talking about having lines of text "carriage return" (from the days of typewriters, where the physical type head carriage had to return back to the start of the line, when it hits the end of right margin? You control that with the boarders of the text box. There is another method I'll answer in the next reply. I have to step away, but will post it soon. Just wanted you to know I'm on it!
  • sbonsell
    Thanks Ben. Newspapers use it a lot when wrapping text around an image - each line begins at a different indent level to 'map' the outline of the image.
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Wrapping text around object in 2D
    Ah, yes, the "text wrap" for print. Somewhat different than when we talk about "text wrap" for motion graphics. But I know what you mean. No, Motion doesn't do print media type formatting. There are ways to do it, though. Let me look at this a bit and I'll post more. Any chance you could post somewhere a screen shot of the shapes you're trying to wrap the text around?
  • sbonsell
    How about this - text to go out horizontal in lines [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_39250_200021_stock-photo-9948444-chestnuts_TRANSPARENT.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_39250_200021_stock-photo-9948444-chestnuts_TRANSPARENT.png[/img] [/url]on the right of the spoon.
  • BenB
    Yes, well Motion has no such text wrapping for objects like this right out. You'd have to manually format the text around the object.
  • sbonsell
    ok. thanks.
  • BenB
    Yep, just make one big text layer, and use the space bar a lot, to it manually.
  • vediodiscussion
    You'd have to manually format the text around the object. ------------------------------------ sell dvds online Bones Season 7 DVD
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: