macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sbonsell
    Replicator and emitter problems.
    I've used a replicator - like your panorama Ben, if you're reading this - which works fine until text animations begin, then it stops showing. It's in 3D and no other layers are in the way of it, but it stops exactly when the text animation begins - ALL of the 'subtle' text animations stop it. Similarly, an emitter I'm using won't play in front of another layer - the other layer ALWAYS stays in front, even when I've moved it behind it in 3D mode. Do emitters always take up and remain in the background?
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Re: Replicator and emitter problems.
    OK, this may be a Z space issue. In 3D space, 2 things happen. 2D Groups stay in place, and show in front of or behind other layers depending on the layer order, obviously. 3D Groups don't do this, they will be in front of or behind other layers depending on where their Position Z parameter is set. If you mix 2D and 3D Groups, same thing. 2D groups appear in front or behind other layers depending on layer order, 3D Groups on Z parameter settings. 2D Groups also always appear in front of the camera, they don't move in 3D space. Also, check the timeilne and make sure the layers your working with are the duration enough to stay visible.
  • sbonsell
    Re: Replicator and emitter problems.
    hmm, I've checked all these things, but no joy.
  • sbonsell
  • sbonsell
  • BenB
    You're posting your comments several times, please limit them to just once. Can you email me the motion project file? benb at bbalser dot com
  • sbonsell
    Hi Ben - sorry about the multiple entries. Not intentional, but a rubbish computer at work. The problems are solved, though I'm not sure I understand 100% why. I was just playing around and found this - that although all the layers were 3D, they seemed to change order by being rearranged above/below each other in the layers box as well. i.e. as though they were 2D layers - When I look at them in the camera box, 'right view' they are still just as they were before - 3D layers in front/behind each other, but now - seemingly thanks to rearranging them in the layers box - in the order that I originally wanted. Additionally, the replicator that disappeared but could be 'half seen' still working responded to being moved up the order in the layers box, even though it is a 3D layer
  • BenB
    Could also be the Blend Mode of the "groups". See this example. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/video/motion/39242?page=1
  • toto
    TL
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: