macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sbonsell
    Stencil Alpha
    I'd like to have two lots of particle emitter 'emitting' behind text - I'm currently using stencil Alpha, but if I try to add a second it blacks out the first, I presume because of the mask that can't have its size defined. Is there another way of having images appear through text that would enable me to use two in the same file? Thanks
  • BenB
    Re: Stencil Alpha
    I'm not clear what your goal is here. Do you want the text semi-transparent so the particle emitters can been partially seen through the text? What exactly are you applying Stencil Alpha to, and for what purpose?
  • sbonsell
    [1] I'm using the camp fire emitter and I want the flames to show through the words AND [2] on the same screen I want to use the snow emitter and for the snow to show through different words. My understanding is that the Stencil Alpha blacks out everything around the letters that are on the same level or lower in the layers menu, so I put the camp fire at the bottom of the layers list and it works. But then, when I want to do the second animation - the snow - the snow blacks out everything; so I put it below the camp fire animation and the camp fire blacks it out! Is there another way of getting the snow/fire emitters to show through transparent lettering without seeing the whole of the emitter behind it?
  • BenB
    Ah, I see what you're doing. Two text layers, and you want a different emitter to show inside of each of them. Not difficult. Put each text layer and emitter layer in their own Group to start with (Snow Group, Fire Group). Then the [b]group[/b] on the TOP, change it's Blend Mode from Pass Through to Normal. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_39289_151761_Screen_Shot_2012-06-03_at_12.43.23_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_39289_151761_Screen_Shot_2012-06-03_at_12.43.23_PM.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: