macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Butch
    Brush Stroke effect
    I'm a bit of a noob to motion 5. I am trying to figure out how to do a brush stroke effect to reveal an image. Starting with a black layer, then reveal the image under it with a brush stroke? Any help on where to look would be appreciated.
  • BenB
    Re: Brush Stroke effect
    It's a very neat effect, and easy to do. Ripple Training has a full video course on "Shapes, Paint Strokes, And Masks" that goes into more depth for these things than anyone else. But you should have a good basic education in Motion first, such as Michael Wohl's course here on macProVideo.com. But here's the super basic explanation. Basically you draw a bezier line, shape it, round it out, etc. Apply a Shape Style to it, apply the Write On behavior and trim it up. This should be above your background image. Turn off the bezier paint stroke layer you just created, but leave the Write On behavior turned on. Select the background image layer, right-click it and chose "Add Image Mask". Then in the Inspector, drag your bezier paint stroke layer into the "Mask Image Source" well. Presto, done! Your background should be revealed as if being painted or drawn on.
  • Butch
    BenB, Thanks for the info . I will definitely get the ripple training , it looks like exactly what I needed.
  • BenB
    Butch, be sure you've done Mr. Wohl's training here first, or you'll be lost in the many "advanced" Motion 5 courses Ripple has! Baby steps, baby steps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: