macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sbonsell
    Anchor Points
    Anchor points are driving me MAD! I want to do something very simple - Text on a circle path that rotates around a centre point, but I CAN'T seem to get the anchor point in the middle of the circle and I get off centre revolutions! I don't want to work in 3D, yet Anchor points seem to move along the Z axis when I move them in a 2D file! How does that work? Why is something so simple in every other piece of software I've used so impossibly difficult in Motion? I see tutorials which give vague directions if a 'vague' anchor point is needed, but I need to know how to set an anchor point that is 100% where I want it to be!
  • BenB
    Re: Anchor Points
    You don't want to even touch an anchor point for this. Draw your circle, then turn off it's visibility. Create your text. In the text Layout tab, Layout Method to Path. Further down the Layout tab section you'll see a Path Options section. Set Path Shape to Geometry. Drag and Drop (do not "select") the Text layer into the Shape Source well. Last, keyframe the Path Offset parameter just below that. And keep in mind you can use a shape, bezier path, anything from the Shape library to create your paths with.
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Anchor Points
    To make the text simple spin around a center point, keep the Group as a 2D group. Select the Text layer and get the Center Point tool from the tool bar. Do not grab the colored arrows! Grab in the center circle, it lights up as gray when you mouse over it. Move it where you'd like. Now you can keyframe any of the X, Y, or Z parameters in the Transform > Rotation section. There's so many bad, horrible, incorrect method tutorials on YouTube, it's just sad. Come to the professionals here when you need to know something. We're always glad to help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: