macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tmhopper
    3D Ken Burns Effect w/Film not Photos---Anyone Know How?
    What i want to do is creating a layered film. same concept as in photoshop when you have a picture and remove a person, than start removing objects to create layers so as to create a 3d ken burns effect. How do i create a 3d ken burns effect with film? is there a way to pen tool lets say a object with in a film and the object is followed and everything else is cut out? So if i had a film of a guy surfing for thirty seconds I would want to: 1. removed the surfer and create a thirty second moving layer of him 2. remove the wave and create a moving layer 3. remove the sun and so on so on
  • BenB
    Re: 3D Ken Burns Effect w/Film not Photos---Anyone Kno...
    What you're asking is pretty advanced stuff, and you'd need a proper compositing app to do it with. Motion, AE, or such. Even in Motion or AE you're working with bare minimum tools. Something more advanced like the old Shake app is what you really need. You could also export the QT clip as an Image Sequence and manually do each frame one by one. But FCP X by itself is not designed for that sort of advanced compositing and rotoscoping.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: