macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hukiwoi
    FCPX & Motion 5 Round Tripping
    I'm pretty new to all this, so bear with me. It's surprising to me that there isn't an easy interface for exporting clips from FCPX to Motion. I'd like to take a clip from FCPX, export it to Motion to work on some title effects, then export it back to FCPX, but from what I'm gathering, this isn't a simple task, and generally requires a third-party app to accomplish. Is this true, or am I missing something? If, in fact, I'm overlooking some obvious and easy technique for accomplishing this, can you inform me how this is done? Thanks.
  • BenB
    Re: FCPX & Motion 5 Round Tripping
    First, you can create titles as template in Motion 5. Second, simply export a QT file to use in Motion, no third party apps needed at all. No, we don't have a direct round trip between Motion and FCPX yet, but I'm sure it is in the works. Because of how FCPX and Motion work, there are some technical hurdles the FCPX dev teams needs to deal with. But, if you don't want to just create a title template in Motion for FCPX, then export a ProRes file from FCPX, use that in Motion. Not perfect, but pretty easy and quick.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: