macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JoseAlonsoLeon
    Before and After on same screen
    Hi, I've been scanning the internet for this "how to" and can't find the specific instructions. I need to have on the same screen a shot of a location before on the left part of the screen where I want so to see half the scene, the left side and on the other half the right side of the same scene shot, but showing the right side of the scene. For example a scene in winter and the same scene in summer. On the left side we can see winter and on the right side summer. Any help would be appreciated.
  • BenB
    Re: Before and After on same screen
    You will place one clip on top of another. You will take the top clip, adjust the Crop values in the Crop section of the Video tab in the Inspector. You will adjust Position X and Y to adjust that it sits in the frame where you want it. Repeat for the image below it. Tip: When you start to work on the image in the Primary storyline, first select the second clip which is a connected clip above it, use the "V" key to mute it. When done with the bottom clip, use "V" again to turn the top clip back on.
  • JoseAlonsoLeon
    I'm sorry but you are using terms I don't understand. "The Crop section of the Video TAB IN THE INSPECTOR! If you mean the Timeline viewer on the top right side of the workflow right above the Timeline itself then ok, I follow. But the Vido Tab in the Inspector, I have no clue what that is. But the problem there is I don't see any "crop" tool to change values, I can adjust the size of the image by making it smaller or large, which is really the scale of the image and not a real crop of it. But I cannot find any crop tool to change the portion of image I would like to see, in this case for example I would like to see only the left half of the top image and the right half of the bottom image. This is what I cannot figure out. I can move the two images that are in the Timeline from left to right in the viewer and see only half of them but they are the right halves or the left halves then yes I can see only half of the images at the same time but what I want is to be able to see the left half of the top image and the right half of the bottom image.
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Re: Before and After on same screen
    I'm using the standard, basic terms as per the user manual. The top right window pane is the Inspector. The shortcut is Command-4. It has several "tabs" across the top: Video, Audio, Info, etc. In the Video tab, there is a section titled "Crop". Click the image below to see it. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_40878_151761_Screen_Shot_2012-12-10_at_3.23.34_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_40878_151761_Screen_Shot_2012-12-10_at_3.23.34_PM.png[/img] [/url]
  • JoseAlonsoLeon
    Thank you Ben for taking the time to help me but this is not much help. The terms you are using are indeed from the manual and so is the image you are asking to me to look at except this is a screen shot from Final Cut Pro X which I also know and can work with to achieve the results I am seeking but if you read my initial message I am looking for help with Adobe Premiere Pro. I bought the first tutorial for this but it only really covers the basics for Importing files and what not and I am in need to make this split screen view in Premiere pro as I have switched recently to this Adobe Premiere ProCS6. And I cannot find the equivalent process to the FCPX method.
  • BenB
    Oops, my bad. The way the forums are set up now, it is easy to think FCP X when in PPro forum. Then, "never mind..."
  • Ezmp3
    130324-25925
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: