macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic
    Waveburner no longer burns CDs!
    Hi. Out of the blue Waveburner no longer burns CDs. It sees the CD, starts to write, then hangs up on the first track. It used to work fine. And I am able to burn CDs from iTUnes so I don't think it's the drive. Are there some brands of CDs that Waveburner doesn't like? I think this might have started when I switched brands, but not sure. I'm using the latest OS X with a dual core G5 with 8 gigs ram. And my Logic Suite is the latest version, too. Thanks.
  • Logic
    Re: Waveburner no longer burns CDs!
    Is there a way to save the whole file as a disk image? That way I could just bring it in to my other G5 and burn it there, or maybe it would just burn on the same computer from the disk image.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic Were you able to burn to disk when you were using OS 10.5.6? iTunes doesn't burn to the redbook standard which is important if you are mastering your CD in Waveburner to be then duplicated professionally... In this case I'd recommend switching to your backup/clone(?) of 10.5.6 and seeing if it works. You could bounce the mix and take that into iTunes? I haven't tried this myself. Or bounce the regions and take it into iTunes to burn to disc... What kind of error do you get when trying to burn to cd in WB? Cheers Rounik
  • Logic
    Hi. Not at the computer now so I'm not sure what the version is but it's the latest version of OS X. And I haven't changed the version from a few weeks ago when I was working. The only problem with bouncing the regions and having iTunes burn it (besides not being Red Book) is that I've got many overlapping crossfades and need to have program markers at those points. I don't think you can do anything like that in iTunes. I'm not getting any error messages. It just starts to burn, than just hangs up and doesn't do anything till I abort. It looks like it's working but doesn't go any further than starting the first track.
  • Zihymua
    Hi, before you tried to burn a CD have you make a ckeck with the option Check CD for clipping because Wave Burner stop burning if it see a clipping, that why i think it start to burn and stop, It is impossible to overwrite this WBurner command it is part of it, so this way you can t give a CD with clipping in it to somebody
  • Logic
    I think I found the problem. I bought some new CDs - TDKs - and it burned fine. Must have not liked the other brand. I'd tell you what it was but no longer have the packaging and the CDs don't say. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: